1. Start dancing lessons
2. Practice self control (particularly as regards eating, spending, wasting and watching)
3. Bake a Pie
4. Start learning French
5. Save money
6. Read at least half of the books currently unread on my shelf and do not purchase new ones until that has happened (important caveat, books can be purhased for me)
7. Watch less tv
8. Take more chances
9. Give one night a week to writing
10. Walk daily
11. Talk less and listen more
12. Be increasingly comfortable around new people
13. Sing frequently
14. Take more photos
15. Catch a barramundi
16. Do not use cynicism as a crutch
17. Throw out one thing a month
18. Buy clothing and footwear only from vintage/recycled shops where possible
19. Understand what it means to grow up
20. Eat at this allegedly fantastic Japanese place my mate Brad went mental over
21. Make my blog look a bit nicer
22. Judge less
23. Send more postcards, inc’ to people I don’t know
24. Talk to people I recognise instead of acting like I don’t see them
25. Spend more time chatting with my Grandma
26. Buy film for my polaroid and use it
27. Go out dancing at least once a month
28. Develop less irritating and useless crushes
29. Attempt to make dolma
30. Learn to play that Turin Brakes song/ any song on guitar
31. Figure out how to get around hating on church in general
32. Get to know family I don’t keep in touch with
33. Jump out of a plane
34. Take an interest in the world both around me and across oceans and not hide from the truth of it
35. Talk to strangers
36. Knit things
37. Be kind
“God help us to change. To change ourselves and to
change our world. To know the need for it.
To deal with the pain of it. To feel the joy of it.
To undertake the journey without understanding the destination.
The art of gentle revolution.
There are some awesome resolutions/revolutions there. Some you will then have to teach me how to do once you achieve them like nos: 12, 19, 24 and 33.
This might help you with some more ideas:
an excellent list!
i did my own because i figured it was better to make it public and therefore make myself more accountable. so far so good.
have a great weekend.
Pingback: …but a bitch ain’t one. | Tiny Little Glows
Pingback: Things I’m average at no. 24: Talking to strangers. | Tiny Little Glows
Pingback: Accidentally Relly St | Tiny Little Glows
Pingback: Slightly below slightly above average | Tiny Little Glows